- 4 large onions diced
- 7grated carrots
- 5 stalks of celery diced
- 36 slices of white bread toasted & diced
- 24 Quohaugs - steamed open (save shells & broth)
- 2 tubes of saltines or Ritz crackers
- Grated Romano
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup oregano
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Sautee onion, carrots and celery in olive oil.
- Chop up Quohaugs into small cubes.
- Clean shells and wipe inside with olive oil.
- Place sautéed ingredients in large bowl.
- Add diced toast, crushed Ritz, cubes quohaugs, & broth
(approx. 1 - 1 1/2 quarts).
- Add shells & place on cookie sheet.
- Put a pad of butter on each quohaug plus a little paprika
- Bake in oven @350F for 20 minutes.
- Eat immediately or wrap and freeze
Thanks to Schepis family
for sharing this recipe
(back to the feast page)